Friday, October 9, 2009

CD COVERS PROJECT

When I had to think about the initial ideas for the c.d. covers my first idea was to design a cd cover for a rock group, so from this idea I started developing the cd cover. The first result was a cd cover entirely drawn. In the next lesson Mandy told us that we all had to do modifications on our initial ideas. I thought of putting some photos that I later got from the net. After changing some of the colouring the cd cover looked better. Before doing the final acts I tried to change the typography but at the end I recognized that the first was better than others.
The second cd cover was simple and at the same time complicated because I found it difficult to draw the singer. So when I was thinking of the changes to do to the cd cover to make it better my first idea was to get the picture of the singer from google. Then I was undecided whether to draw the stars or to stamp them out of the computer, but at the end I decided to stamp out a good pink background and draw the stars and hearts on it. At the end, after trying to change the style and colour I decided to change only the colour of the pen I used for writing the title.
After all the changes I did to both cd covers I think they're better, but I still don't know what name to give to the first group. However, I think it has to be a name that makes people think that they're a rock group.

No comments: