Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MY CD COVER + EVALUATION


The first thing we learned was the meaning of artefact.

An artefact is therefore an object or item created either by hand or by using machinery. From there we started searching for examples of artefacts and to analyse them. The next thing we did was to get examples of CD covers and to analyse them. After analyzing them we started projecting our CD covers and developing the one we thought was the best. I decided to develop two of my CD covers, but when we started drawing it for the third time I decided to continue only with one.


ANALYSING MY CD COVER

This is my front cover. The colors are:
  • pink
  • black
  • white
  • gold
When pink and black are put together in something about music it usually signifies the pop-punk style. I chose to put a golden background to say that it's the "best" ever and this is the first idea I had when I was planning the structure of the cd cover.
This cd is meant to be sold in the Christmas season.

The question I first asked myself was:
  • What if Avril Lavign decides to produce a cd for Christmas?
  • How is it going to look?

I think these were the most important questions I asked myself for having this result.
When the cd cover was ended I saw myself as the target audience because every designer has to think that he's designing for others, so he has to think of something others will like. I think others may like to buy it.
I think I am happy of the cd cover I made to work out everything wasn’t simple, but it was OK.


No comments: