Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Evaluation- prior to half term 02-11-09

1. Describe the atmosphere /character of Batman. The record is a music underscore for the opening credits of Batman the Movie.
Batman is a dark and mysterious character. He shows himself in the daytime as a rich man called Bruce Wayne, but in the nighttime his identity changes from the normal and boring Bruce Wayne to active and mysterious Batman.
People who know Bruce are sure of his personality, but even Bruce's best friend is at the dark of who Batman really is. Batman is seen by some people as the hero of Gotham City and from others as a threat.

2. What sounds/musical ideas have you chosen to begin this work ?
What did you reject ?
I chose to begin with a low discontinuos sound . This sound gives to all the melody a mysterious characteristic. When I was thinking to the instruments and the notes to use I rejected sounds that would have make everything allegro and instruments like drums that would have given it too much beat.

3. Describe the choices you made to develop your music as the credits unfold. (Sounds, Number of tracks and so on) Include rejections.
After the little entrance I added a melody, which I repeated and changed. Suddenly, I stopped the low base and the melody and I added the motife, that had two trumpet tonalities. The motife is different from the first melody, so I think it gives everything a "different life".

4.How did you create yor batman theme? Whate notes, structure.
The background music is build on one note. With a distance of four seconds from the beginning of the track anew instrument is added and after 4 seconds again an other sound is added. The sounds and instruments are therefore added one on top of the other and so at the end I have seven different tracks. Sometimes if I want to add tracks I just ad a new instrument, but other times I higher or lower the notes.

5. What happened et the end as the Gotham City scene begins. (how does this music finish)
At the end, when the music is about to finish the music background that began the music comes again for concluding it.

6. In the light of what you have learnt using Logic 8 and lessons in this term - What would you done / developed differently to make your work more representative.
I think I would have added an other low sound to the track, like the sound of the "Liverpool Bass"

No comments: